APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF NATURALIZATION
This application is for the following categories of persons applying for citizenship in The Bahamas:
To access this form your computer will need adobe pdf. Download adobe pdf free of charge here
- Children born in The Bahamas to Non-Bahamian parents who are from Non-Commonwealth Countries;
- Male spouse of Bahamian citizens that are Non-Commonwealth citizens or British protected persons (individuals must have at least seven (7) years lawful residence-one must be the year preceding the application).
|The following documents are needed to process this application:
- A cover letter of request addressed to the Director of Immigration
- 2 passport size photographs in colour;
- Applicant's passport;
- Letters from all schools attended;
- Parents’ birth certificates;
- Certified English translations and originals of all foreign documents with a $4.00 Bahamian postage stamp attached to each;
- Passports (if applicable);
- Birth certificate of applicant and spouse (where applicable);
- A recent medical certificate, dated not more than thirty (30) days prior to the submission of the application;
- Marriage certificate (where applicable);
- A recent police certificate, dated not more than six (6) months prior to the submission of the application;
- Work Permit, Permit to Reside or Permanent Resident (where applicable);
- Information page of applicant’s passport.
|1.||Please print form on letter size paper and complete. |
|2.||Submit this form along with specified supporting documents to The Department of Immigration, local Immigration office or to the Family Island Administrator in your area. |
100.00 PROCESSING FEE / money order payable to the Public Treasury.
IMMIGRATION, DEPARTMENT OFHEADQUARTERSHAWKINS HILLP. O. Box N-831NASSAU, BAHAMASimmigration@bahamas.gov.bs